Packages retired from CRAN [R for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2020-06-29 21:18 (158 d 01:46 ago) – Posting: # 21607
Views: 3,472

Dear Helmut,

» » … though it still works well under R v4.0.x.
»
» I believe it. I have no problems with bear 2.8.8 under R4.0.2. However, there are errors in functions (or arguments) you don’t call in you packages.

Good points. I just found that the source of package gWidgetRGtk2 cannot be compiled under R v4.0.2. However, the package of gWidgets can.

» » Hopefully it will come back again soon. It happened before as far as I can remember.
»
» Only if the maintainer would do what the word implies. Fix the error(s) and re-submit. Since in this case the maintainer of gWidgets* and gWidgets*2 is the same person

Correct. same author.

» Fix the errors and submit the packages as the new maintainer. Then it would mean back to the stressful life which was a reason why you don’t host your packages at CRAN for years.

right.

» As above but host binaries (for Windows and MacOS) and the source (for Linuxes) at your site.

I pick up this option for now.

» Jump in at the deep end and adapt your code-base to gWidgets*2. Nasty first though not that bad on the long run.

I am thinking tcltk since it's default GUI for R. Therefore, no extra driver is required. However, it just looks even more ugly than RGtk2 under Windows.

» Two stories of this year... What if the maintainer would have been on vacation?

Rule#1: no vacation for all R package developers!

» In the transition for R3.6.3 to R4.0.0 some tests of our package replicateBE...

really? Then I guess that it could be much more packages removed from CRAN since switching to R v4.0.0.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.8.9:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan http://pkpd.kmu.edu.tw/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

Activity
 Admin contact
21,240 posts in 4,431 threads, 1,482 registered users;
online 2 (0 registered, 2 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: Friday 23:04 UTC (Europe/Vienna)

I believe there is no philosophical high-road in science,
with epistemological signposts. No, we are in a jungle
and find our way by trial and error,
building our road behind us as we proceed.    Max Born

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5