Installing R v4.0.0 & bear on Catalina (macOS 10.15.3) [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2020-04-29 12:19 (1428 d 22:14 ago) – Posting: # 21359
Views: 19,342

(edited by yjlee168 on 2020-04-29 21:01)

Dear Mahmound,

I just installed R v4.0.0 and bear on Catalina under virtualbox (VM). It is the same as previous steps on Mojave (see the attached picture). That is to install Xcode, Xcode commander line (both can be downloaded from Apple Development Center; login req.), MacPorts and XQuartz. Then install R v4.0.0 and GNU Fortran as described in CRAN website. No need to install RGtk2 & cairoDevice packages separately. I have already included these steps into 'preinst.r'.

$ export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
$ sudo port selfupdate
$ sudo port install pkgconfig
$ sudo port install gtk2 +x11

The only warning I had during running bear was:
Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.
Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.
Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow.

This is a new warning message to me. However, it still runs well. I need to find out how to solve the issue (OpenGL renderer stuffs; it seems there is no way to fix it. It's Catalina. OpenGL has been deprecated by Apple. Please see this and this).

So I would like to suggest that you may consider to remove R first from your iMac and try the setup steps again. If it still doesn't work, the you may consider to re-set your iMac back to factory default first (remember to back up all your important data/files before that!). Sorry to keep you waiting.

[image]

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,640 registered users;
52 visitors (0 registered, 52 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:33 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5