Immediate release fixed dose combination product [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by ping4santosh  – India, 2020-03-11 13:18 (1505 d 09:04 ago) – Posting: # 21241
Views: 4,351

Hello!

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response. I appreciate your approach towards the feasibility of the FDC and its probability to get registered.

We have not done a great deal in terms of formulation development. We only evaluated the possibility/feasibility of having a solution formulation with the current set of solvents/ formulation pH, etc. for the individual products. It appears that we may be able to combine these products with all existing solvents which have a track record of safety.

If we assume that the FDC solution can be made at midway pH of 5 (one API is 8 and other is 4) with the help of existing solublizers that are safe and stable, what studies do we need to perform? My guess is that we need to perform a Three way Three period Bioequivalence study with the API based 2 individual product with that of FDC to prove the bioequivalency of both the API for the FDC. I don't see any reason for safety and efficacy study requirement. Please correct me if wrong.

Thanks a lot,
SKM

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5[Helmut]

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,655 registered users;
62 visitors (0 registered, 62 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 23:23 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

So far as I can remember,
there is not one word in the Gospels
in praise of intelligence.    Bertrand Russell

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5