Typography [Software]

posted by Shuanghe  – Spain, 2020-03-05 17:37 (1511 d 13:22 ago) – Posting: # 21209
Views: 3,043

Hi Helmut,

❝ THX, I didn’t know that!

NIST's Typefaces for Symbols in Scientific Manuscripts.

I was bored some years back when I was learning LaTeX so I read some typographic stuff and it seems that's the consensus...

❝ Are you happy with this? \(\small{C_{\textrm{max}}}\)

That's what I would write. But this is nothing comparing to the alignment of the numbers the journal made in those tables. :-D

Anyway, M$ Word is the only one I can use at work so I'm a bit numb about the format now. I used to be able to spot 2 consecutive space in a document immediately and always had to delete one; now I accept report with a small table in the middle of page occupying 1/3 page and another 1/3 on top and on bottom page are completely empty, never even mention the orphans and widows on many pages (though I haven't seen the latter much recently, maybe M$ change settings?)...

❝ I had to use \textrm{} since \textup{} is not supported in MathJax. :confused:

❝ Check: \(\small{C_{\textup{max}}}\)

Yes, it's not supported according to official documentation. But even for some of the "supported commands" I cannot use it here. e.g., \LaTeX{} and \TeX{} are supported and they should output their typographic symbols, respectively, according to the previous link, but it seems I cannot get them to work.

All the best,
Shuanghe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,655 registered users;
94 visitors (0 registered, 94 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 08:00 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5