Typography [Software]

posted by Shuanghe  – Spain, 2020-03-05 17:37 (1502 d 16:51 ago) – Posting: # 21209
Views: 3,029

Hi Helmut,

❝ THX, I didn’t know that!

NIST's Typefaces for Symbols in Scientific Manuscripts.

I was bored some years back when I was learning LaTeX so I read some typographic stuff and it seems that's the consensus...

❝ Are you happy with this? \(\small{C_{\textrm{max}}}\)

That's what I would write. But this is nothing comparing to the alignment of the numbers the journal made in those tables. :-D

Anyway, M$ Word is the only one I can use at work so I'm a bit numb about the format now. I used to be able to spot 2 consecutive space in a document immediately and always had to delete one; now I accept report with a small table in the middle of page occupying 1/3 page and another 1/3 on top and on bottom page are completely empty, never even mention the orphans and widows on many pages (though I haven't seen the latter much recently, maybe M$ change settings?)...

❝ I had to use \textrm{} since \textup{} is not supported in MathJax. :confused:

❝ Check: \(\small{C_{\textup{max}}}\)

Yes, it's not supported according to official documentation. But even for some of the "supported commands" I cannot use it here. e.g., \LaTeX{} and \TeX{} are supported and they should output their typographic symbols, respectively, according to the previous link, but it seems I cannot get them to work.

All the best,
Shuanghe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,650 registered users;
47 visitors (0 registered, 47 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:28 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5