Participation databases [Design Issues]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-12-31 19:01 (1571 d 06:43 ago) – Posting: # 21044
Views: 7,507

Hi ElMaestro,

❝ Unfortunately money and ethics do not mix well. I think money is winning.....

Not only that. The volunteer-database of my CRO was linked (56k modem!) to “Cross-check” at the University Freiburg. Data shared: surname, given name, date & place of birth, nationality (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2), sex, and date of last participation. Most German CROs used this database (we were the only one in Austria).
Was shut down in August 1997 since not compliant with the German data protection law… Yep, personal data, unencrypted transfer. Great.
Nowadays I would concatenate the information into one field (likely the initials instead of the full name are sufficient) and transfer only a SHA-3. Everyone should be happy. Question: Where should such a system be located? At the EMA?

BTW, I like ANVISA’s system. The database is run by the agency and volunteers are blocked from participation in another study for six months. No fret, no pain.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,656 registered users;
94 visitors (0 registered, 94 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:45 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5