? business as usual [BE/BA News]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-12-04 16:42 (1598 d 17:38 ago) – Posting: # 20925
Views: 5,626

Hi ElMaestro,

❝ I tried to read that answer 10 times now and I am none the wiser. Do they mean "The guideline will deal with BCS-based biowaivers, but it is acknowledged that some countries might not accept those." ??

:-)

My interpretation as well. I expected that (since Japan had/has always a certain way of thinking).

We had that already in ICH E9 of 1998. The draft followed closely the European one of 1993. Japan insisted to have a “global assessment” in the GL. Quote:

In some cases, 'global assessment' variables […] are developed to measure the over­all safety, overall efficacy, and/or overall usefulness of a treatment. This type of variable integrates objective variables and the investigator’s overall impression [sic] about the state or change in the state of the subject […]
Global assessment variables generally have a subjective component. […]

Japanese investigator approaches the volunteer and asks “How do we feel today?”
Volunteer – unsuccessfully – tries to remove a nasal tube: “Hmpfl…”
Investigator turns away (mumbling “well, very very well…”) and ticks  good in the CRF.

[image]
© Disney and I.N.D.U.C.K.S.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,658 registered users;
99 visitors (0 registered, 99 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:20 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5