How to display an EMF/WMF ? [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2019-10-01 03:48 (1663 d 07:56 ago) – Posting: # 20661
Views: 4,000

Hi Hötzi,

❝ ❝ I think I may be able to spawn a new process like e.g. a browser and use that filename as an argument, this would likely work in Firefox etc, but it seems very clumsy.

❝ Does not work in any of the browsers I’ve tested (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, SeaMonkey, IE). Generally you are asked to either save it (idiotic cause you just opened it) or show it in an external viewer. Forget Ink­scape (too heavy for such a simple task). I recommend IrfanView. Lightweight and tons of formats supported.

Thanks for all this.
I believe I did not really explain well my situation. I am generating a lot of plots. After the generation of those plots I need to pull up some of them, but it is untenable if I pull them up manually, say in an external program like Irfan with manual open/inspect/close. Once you have done 10 of them this way and you have 1000, you get very tired and you realise you are going to be very late for dinner :-D:-D

I need in R, not in other software, to run through my directory, pull up a few plots (that I've just made in R) to the screen, hit a key to close the plot, and go to the next plot.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,658 registered users;
95 visitors (0 registered, 95 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:45 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5