external predictability for ivivc [Dissolution / BCS / IVIVC]

posted by amer – Australia, 2019-09-10 04:31 (1683 d 20:59 ago) – Posting: # 20568
Views: 6,419

Hi Lee,

Thank you for you answer.

❝ ❝ ... how can i predict the plasma concentrations profile if i have got a new in vitro dissolution profile (not used to establish ivivc) for the same formulation done in a different dissolution media? (i.e going backwards)

❝ If you also had the in-vivo data together with the new dissolution data, would the external predict­ability be the answer for your question? You can select external of 'predictability for ivivc model:' from GUI and then choose the dataset file (03 dataset files (*.csv) for ext. predictability) to run analysis.

However, i didnt actually mean external validation. What i meant is this: I have constructed IVIVC using in vivo data and dissolution data done at pH 1.2. if i have a new dissolution data (say done at pH 2), how can i predict the in vivo concentrations based on the new dissolution (i.e. does ivivc for R does convulution where the input is the dissolution data and we want to predict the output which is plasma concentration profile?).

❝ However, as far as I can remember, the external predictability (or validation) is not what US-FDA recommended. Usually the internal is recommended.

Thanks for the info.
on the side, just wondering if the ivivc package been validated against standard ivivc software (say WinNonlin?)

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,654 registered users;
98 visitors (0 registered, 98 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 01:30 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5