Sample size calculation for NTI molecules [Power / Sample Size]

posted by narra1813  – India, 2019-08-10 11:21 (1711 d 03:14 ago) – Posting: # 20491
Views: 5,081

Dear All,

By using the only power and sample size how we can calculate the N for NTI molecules. what about the other parameters.

Calculating the probability of passing (power) and the sample size (to meet a desired power target) are just two sides of the same coin. One determines the power at a fixed value of n (number of subjects) and the other determines n for a fixed value of power.

FDA published a paper that gives the results of the correct simulations; Jiang W, et al, A Bioequivalence Approach for Generic Narrow Therapeutic Index Drugs: Evaluation of the Reference-Scaled Approach and Variability Comparison Criterion, The AAPS Journal, 17(4), 2015.

Please provide your valuable suggestion on the same, for my understanding the same.

Edit: I deleted another post with identical text. Please follow the Forum’s Policy. I activated the PM-function and edited your profile[Helmut]

Regards

Narra Narendra Babu

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,650 registered users;
47 visitors (0 registered, 47 guests [including 1 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:35 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5