Indirect adjusted comparisons in BE [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by Shuanghe  – Spain, 2019-07-22 11:53 (1732 d 01:26 ago) – Posting: # 20421
Views: 3,898

Dear Helmut,

❝ I must confess that I don’t get what Luther Gwaza et al.1,2 means by his “pragmatic method”:

I must confess that I didn't understand it either (I even checked the dictionary to see if I misunderstood the word somehow :-D). I suppose that it's just a name invented by Gwaza as I didn't see any reference citing the source of the name.

❝ @Shuanghe: How did you do it?

The variance is simply obtained by \(SE_d^2 = SE_1^2 + SE_2^2\) and the degree of freedom used for confidence interval is \(n_1 + n_2 - 2\).

I have to admit it that it puzzled me as well so I found all articles that I can found from the same group to see if others might gave better description of the method. So in addition to Gwaza's articles, I have Herranz 2013, Pejčić 2019 etc, but it seems that the excel template is not the only thing Gzawa gave to others---the description of the method are all very similarly cryptic. :ponder:

OT again: :-D

Thanks a lot for implementing MathJax. Equations are looking much better. one puzzle though: command \LaTeX does do what it supposed to do. :confused:

All the best,
Shuanghe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,663 registered users;
56 visitors (0 registered, 56 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:19 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5