Indirect adjusted comparisons in BE [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by Shuanghe  – Spain, 2019-07-22 11:53 (1733 d 14:00 ago) – Posting: # 20421
Views: 3,914

Dear Helmut,

❝ I must confess that I don’t get what Luther Gwaza et al.1,2 means by his “pragmatic method”:

I must confess that I didn't understand it either (I even checked the dictionary to see if I misunderstood the word somehow :-D). I suppose that it's just a name invented by Gwaza as I didn't see any reference citing the source of the name.

❝ @Shuanghe: How did you do it?

The variance is simply obtained by \(SE_d^2 = SE_1^2 + SE_2^2\) and the degree of freedom used for confidence interval is \(n_1 + n_2 - 2\).

I have to admit it that it puzzled me as well so I found all articles that I can found from the same group to see if others might gave better description of the method. So in addition to Gwaza's articles, I have Herranz 2013, Pejčić 2019 etc, but it seems that the excel template is not the only thing Gzawa gave to others---the description of the method are all very similarly cryptic. :ponder:

OT again: :-D

Thanks a lot for implementing MathJax. Equations are looking much better. one puzzle though: command \LaTeX does do what it supposed to do. :confused:

All the best,
Shuanghe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,653 registered users;
91 visitors (0 registered, 91 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 01:53 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5