Nasty beast [Software]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2019-07-19 14:32 (1704 d 21:39 ago) – Posting: # 20399
Views: 14,080

Hi Ohlbe,

❝ Sorry ElMaestro, we're going quite far from your original question... :offtopic!:

That's OK.
The occasional drift on this forum always pleases me.

As for the logic, it is absolutely !7==!3 what you are saying, programming involves that kind of logic which is entirely bound to ones and zeros and that can be hard to grasp when the reference is our everyday language.

If it is any comfort, I can confess I usually can't read Hötzi's code right away. I usually use a lot of time deciphering it, or giving up. This is because syntactically it is condensed. I tend to use much longer lines and bigger functions to achieve the same goals. I can't maintain code otherwise, but this is just me.

Vector: Something that carries something, according to Birdsong's Internally Hosted Vocabulary (the platform is walnut-sized).
The object of this carriage may be information, like "two steps in this direction and then five steps in the perpendicular direction". Or "Apple and thereafter Syphilis".
The origin of the word is from the Illiad by Homer, song 13, in which Thetis says: "Vector bears it in triumph upon his own shoulders.", possibly expressed as such because he was in love?! Or at least this is my belief since it was said in relation to some amour.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,940 posts in 4,812 threads, 1,639 registered users;
41 visitors (0 registered, 41 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:12 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Those people who think they know everything
are a great annoyance to those of us who do.    Isaac Asimov

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5