Spreadsheet addiction [Software]

posted by Shuanghe  – Spain, 2019-07-18 20:59 (1705 d 08:38 ago) – Posting: # 20392
Views: 13,794

Dear all

❝ There is a series of papers about indirect adjusted comparisons in BE published by regulators. All done in Excel.

As far as I can tell, Excel and R give the same result. I was interested in the method so several weeks back I played with R using data from EPAR (none of the articles gives sample size of the BE study so without going to the EPAR for this additional information you can not reproduce/validate their results at all) and the difference in some comparison is 0.01% due to different rounding method used in Excel and R.

However, as Ohlbe said, there are some errors in the articles such as in the latest article (link), table 2 gives wrong data (I compared the original data from EPAR and it's clearly a mistake in article) but the result of the comparison using that data is correct, so this might just a typo. However, some comparisons were reversed, e.g., Table 3 describs generic 2 vs generic 4, and generic 3 vs generic 4, but in fact it were generic 4 vs 3 and 2, ... Apparently, someone typed the data in the wrong cell in excel so confidence interval were all reversed. :-D

❝ Semitransparent colors in Excel? I don’t think that’s possible. ;-)

Haha, this is where you err... :-D Actually you can do that in Excel (not that you should). At least I can in my 2013. It's ugly, but semi-transparent it is. :cool:

All the best,
Shuanghe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,940 posts in 4,812 threads, 1,639 registered users;
42 visitors (0 registered, 42 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 04:37 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Those people who think they know everything
are a great annoyance to those of us who do.    Isaac Asimov

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5