an old itch when running RGtk2 (GUI) with macOS [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2019-07-08 13:14 (1725 d 01:24 ago) – Posting: # 20379
Views: 21,715

Dear all,

This has been an old problem and I used to leave it as it was. The problem is when we try to retrieve a input data file with gfile() function from RGtk2, I usually get the error message as follows:(R:351): Gtk-WARNING **: 10:28:58.039: Attempting to read the recently used resources file at `/Users/username/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but the parser failed: Failed to open file “/Users/username/.local/share/recently-used.xbel”: Permission denied. where username is your login name, of course. It does not matter at all because the package still can read the input file correctly. However, it just make me itch for a long time. Recently, I solve the puzzle.

It can be easily fixed with a terminal and type
   mkdir /Users/username/.local /Users/username/.local/share.

Please do not use
   sudo mkdir /Users/username/.local /Users/username/.local/share

unless you run R with sudo R every time; otherwise you still get "... Permission denied". When I asked Google master several years ago, some nice people always suggested that we should use sudo mkdir /Users/username/.local /Users/username/.local/share to fix this problem. However, I still got ".... Permissions denied." That's because I did not use sudo R, instead of just R to run R. If you get this error messages, just fix it and do not let itch keeps bothering you. And this only occurs with macOS.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
91 visitors (0 registered, 91 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:38 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5