OT: Naïveté [Bioanalytics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-07-04 14:47 (1728 d 23:09 ago) – Posting: # 20375
Views: 4,313

Hi ElMaestro,

❝ […] Reputed organizations […] will be happy to royally screw anyone dumb enough to proceed with delivery of work in good faith with the expectation of compensation.

Delivered presentations (PPT/PDF) as well as handouts for BW-printing on June 21st. How stupid!

❝ My suggestion is to make known to USAID what is going on with the tax payer money, especially if you are now without a task order and out of pocket in good faith.

THX, I’m seriously considering it.

Reply of another friend:
I hate America anyway… I did a workshop for ██████ two years ago. They were supposed to pay the fare—then a week before they suddenly announced that there was a consultancy policy that consultants pay their own fares and hotel and claim back. I told them to forget it and then they sent me an advance on my fee to cover the flight. The rest took months to sort out, including the fact that they witheld tax even though I had filled in all the appropriate forms… Finally I was still left with an outstanding debt of around $ 2,000.
It’s like no one in the US has the faintest idea of the fact that things outside can be organised simply and properly. I have given up on the US.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
77 visitors (0 registered, 77 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:57 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5