bear v1.0.0 for R... [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2008-07-14 22:35 (5757 d 05:12 ago) – Posting: # 2032
Views: 56,598

Dear Yung-jin,

❝ I see. I think you're talking about NCA output. You first did NCA and saved the output file. Then load this NCA output when you planned to do GLM. The error occurred at this moment.

Exactly! I must confess, my description was not a proper bug report...

❝ You have proposed a very nice way to fix this problem. Yes, we will try to make if more flexible. Does a user know what these options for?

No idea. Sometimes I believe, that anybody in doing PK should now about how his/her file's content. But on the other hand, importing a file with field sep ';' and dec '.' also isn’t straightforward as one might think (e.g., in WinNonlin):

Open -> Filetype ASCII Data (*.dat;*dta;*.prn;*.csv) -> oops, everything in the first column…
Ah, there's an Options-button, hhm, select X Automatically determine file options -> same result…
Next try: Field delimiter ;… working, but header in first row, etc.
WinNonlin has no option to select the decimal separator anyway.

Of course there are combinations which are impossible to resolve, e.g. the file nasty.csv:
x,y

where in the third row every import routine will end with an error. No program can 'guess', that it was produced with a badly configured German Excel (the two numbers 1.5 and 2.5) were meant...
If we change nasty.csv (assuming a German Excel) to:
t;c
1;2
1,5;2,5

WinNonlin would read in the file, but treat the third row as plain next.
Writing =A1+5 to cell C1 we get 6, but for =A2+5 in cell C2 we get #VALUE!...

❝ or still we are going to get lots of e-mails, anyway? :-(

Hard to tell. I wouldn’t bother too much about making the input routines 'foolproof', but invest a little effort in the help files telling which format is acceptable – and which one is not.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Thread locked

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,668 registered users;
72 visitors (0 registered, 72 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:48 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5