implicit return? [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2019-04-28 22:36 (1821 d 20:46 ago) – Posting: # 20256
Views: 6,626

Hi d_labes,

❝ But IIRC has C or C++ also some weaknesses.

That's right.
For example, the number of built in functions in C is small. You need to write most functionality from scratch, so what you can do with three lines of code in R can easily be 100 lines of code in C. Much more if you think of e.g. the plot function which opens up a graphic device and with one line gives you a graph. Horrendously many hours of programming is needed in C to do such a thing.

The biggest disadvantage I can think of in C is clearly: Pointers (especially character pointers). They were hard to grasp initially. C does not have strings.
The biggest advantage I can think of in C is: Pointers. :-D They speed things up immensely. Like in the bootstrap code for dissolution posted here in this forum some time ago. Infinitely faster than any implementation seen out there. But then again, when you are working on a dossier it usually does not matter for real if you get the output in 1 or 10000 seconds as long as you meet your submission deadline :-)

I am not well versed with C++ as I never really had a need for classes/objects. They are not so necessary for numerical purposes.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,650 registered users;
60 visitors (1 registered, 59 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:22 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

If you don’t like something change it;
if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.    Mary Engelbreit

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5