Spaghetti Viennese [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-04-25 16:39 (1818 d 00:44 ago) – Posting: # 20231
Views: 12,432

Dear Ohlbe,

❝ ❝ I’m pissed when I get a report without spaghetti plots.

❝ And you complain that overlaying two plots of means is too crowded ;-)

Nope. Overlaying two plots ±SD. I’m fine with one plot of both T and R plus two showing the treatments separately (geom. mean ±SD).

❝ I find spaghetti plots rather difficult to read with more than 30 subjects, or even less depending on what they look like...

You get used to it. ;-)
Our brains are great in pattern-recognition. Two examples (amoxicillin 1 g tablets, different tests but same reference in both studies) of Blume/Mutschler*

Study  metric    90% CI 
────────────────────────
  1     AUC    92 – 111%
        Cmax   87 – 109%
  2     AUC    82 –  99%
        Cmax   75 –  99%

Both studies passed (limits for AUC 80–125% and for Cmax 70–143%).
@ Mittyri: Good ol’ days! :waving:

[image]

[image]

I would say:This loose leaf edition (~2,000 pages in 4 volumes, 1989–1996) was prepared for the ABDA („Bundesvereinigung Deutscher Apotherverbände” – Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists) to provide pharmacists a means to decide which generic to chose. Already in 1992 ⅓ of all German pharmacists completed a training on BE provided by the ZL (“Zentrallaboratorium Deutscher Apotheker” – Central Laboratory of German Pharmacists). Compare that to the FDA’s Orange Book…

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,651 registered users;
46 visitors (0 registered, 46 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 17:24 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5