bear v1.0.0 - a data analytical tool for ABE in R [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by martin  – Austria, 2008-07-14 14:18 (5756 d 15:37 ago) – Posting: # 2023
Views: 56,379

dear hsin-ya and yung-jin

I would like to acknowledge your work !!

I suggest that you may think about implementing a more sophisticated approach for estimation of the terminal elimination rate as currently only the last 3 data points are used:

[...] lambda, the terminal phase rate constant, will be estimated from the slope of linear regression with the last three data points [...]

when using the OLS (ordinary least squares) criteria for estimation, the terminal elimination rate can be defined as a weighted sum of log-transformed concentrations where the weights are determined by the sampling schedule. in the case of a larger time gap between the last two measurement time points compared to the first two measurement time points, the concentration at the last time point is weighted more than the remaining two concentrations. this may lead to an inaccurate estimate of the terminal elimination rate when the last concentration is inaccurate for some reason (e.g. a higher inaccuracy of a bioanalytical method when dealing with values near to the limit of detection).

more sophisticated and/or robust approaches for estimation of the terminal elimination rate are for example discussed in this post.

best regards

martin
Thread locked

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,657 registered users;
63 visitors (0 registered, 63 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 05:56 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5