Clinical Endpoint Bioequivalence study [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Ohlbe – France, 2019-04-08 17:18 (1816 d 10:05 ago) – Posting: # 20131
Views: 2,740

Dear Sury,

❝ I have recently got an bioequivalence study with clinical endpoints for some drug

❝ In OGD it states that

❝ “To establish bioequivalence, the 90% confidence interval of the test/reference ratio of the mean should be contained within [0.80, 1.25], using the per protocol (PP) population.”

For BE with PK endpoint, yes. Not with clinical endpoint.

❝ The scores of the clinical endpoint shall be as follows [...]

You're referring to the draft guidance on miconazole buccal tablets, right ? Would be easier for us if you could say so straight away and link the guidance...

❝ For the above, do we need to convert the grading (0,1,2,3) to log transformed data and conduct the statistical analysis?

❝ As the above states that 20% difference is accepted, then in normal bioequivalence case (if untransformed data), it should be 80.00-120.00?

For the statistical analysis the draft guidance refers to another draft guidance, on adapalene + benzoyl peroxyde. Did you read it ? Did you see anywhere a mention of log-transformation ? And why are you changing acceptance limits of -0.20 to +0.20 into 80.00 - 120.00 ?

Regards
Ohlbe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
74 visitors (0 registered, 74 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:24 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5