Confusing… [Software]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-03-25 14:44 (1820 d 13:19 ago) – Posting: # 20083
Views: 7,684

Hi Dr Anonymous,

❝ Well that is true as to what FDA states and is applicable in the SDTM datasets, However in Adam datasets, especially ADSL datasets under certain variables such as treatment start and end, it requires SAS date format, only then we get a successful validation report from Pinnacle 21 (I have tried ISO 8601 and have got validation errors stating "variable is not in sas date format")

Now I’m lost. The FDA and Japan’s PMDA are the only agencies requiring CDISC Standards. Both are “Platinum Members” (whatever that means) of CDISC Standards. So far, so good.
But why the heck is CDISC requiring the bloody SAS date format for SDTM and SEND when the FDA definitely wants ISO 8601? At the end of the day you will submit your data to an agency and not a validator.

I bit the bullet and registered at CDISC. :lookaround:
In the “ADaM Implementation Guide” Version 1.1 (Feb 12th, 2016), page 17 I found:

SDTM--DTC String  ADaM Date Value (*DT Variable)
    YYYY-MM-DD            YYYY-MM-DD

So how does the SAS-format come into play? PINNACLE21 was released on Sep 27th, 2016. Is the validator not compliant with the standards?

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,940 posts in 4,812 threads, 1,639 registered users;
38 visitors (0 registered, 38 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 04:04 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Those people who think they know everything
are a great annoyance to those of us who do.    Isaac Asimov

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5