CDISC datasets from R. Why not? [Software]

posted by WhiteCoatWriter – India, 2019-03-21 13:13 (1824 d 19:36 ago) – Posting: # 20065
Views: 8,018

❝ Correct. The FDA nowhere mandates SAS or recommends any particular software. E.g., Certara provides the Phoenix CDISC Navigator for import/export in Phoenix/WinNonlin.

While Phoenix needs an additional package to be purchased, I feel that the same can be done by creating tables on phoenix(or importing in .csv) and exporting it to .xpt without the specific package which I assume will only help with limited datasets.

❝ If you are an experienced R-coder, consider writing a package (see here and there). The community will love you.

I might not be an expert coder/programmer, but I have been working on this for quite some time. Thank you for the references, will definitely try doing something. It really has been a challenge to get it validated using pinnacle validator. Also, when it comes to Adam datasets it specially requires SAS date format which I assume is not possible to be created on R.

Elsewhere,
While No other regulatory mandates datasets for Bio equivalence study, I still keep wondering what really sparked the USFDA in the mid of Dec 2016 to make CDISC datasets mandate for regulatory submission.

Thanks and Regards
Dr Anonymous
(WhiteCoatWriter)

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,940 posts in 4,812 threads, 1,639 registered users;
38 visitors (0 registered, 38 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 08:50 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Those people who think they know everything
are a great annoyance to those of us who do.    Isaac Asimov

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5