CDISC datasets from R. Why not? [Software]

posted by WhiteCoatWriter – India, 2019-03-21 13:13 (1856 d 11:43 ago) – Posting: # 20065
Views: 8,166

❝ Correct. The FDA nowhere mandates SAS or recommends any particular software. E.g., Certara provides the Phoenix CDISC Navigator for import/export in Phoenix/WinNonlin.

While Phoenix needs an additional package to be purchased, I feel that the same can be done by creating tables on phoenix(or importing in .csv) and exporting it to .xpt without the specific package which I assume will only help with limited datasets.

❝ If you are an experienced R-coder, consider writing a package (see here and there). The community will love you.

I might not be an expert coder/programmer, but I have been working on this for quite some time. Thank you for the references, will definitely try doing something. It really has been a challenge to get it validated using pinnacle validator. Also, when it comes to Adam datasets it specially requires SAS date format which I assume is not possible to be created on R.

Elsewhere,
While No other regulatory mandates datasets for Bio equivalence study, I still keep wondering what really sparked the USFDA in the mid of Dec 2016 to make CDISC datasets mandate for regulatory submission.

Thanks and Regards
Dr Anonymous
(WhiteCoatWriter)

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,653 registered users;
86 visitors (0 registered, 86 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: 01:57 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5