Pseudo-periods [Design Issues]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-03-15 01:47 (1831 d 10:50 ago) – Posting: # 20037
Views: 18,981

Hi ElAlumno (nice nick!),

❝ In your old but still-useful post (excerpt below), you describe generating pseudo-sequences and pseudo-periods when assessing ABE.

❝ ❝ A 6×3 design is needed in order to ‘extract’ two 2×2 tables, [:blahblah:]

❝ Your post preceded the EMA's Guideline on the Investigation of Bioequivalence by a few years, but it appears to agree with their stipulation: […]

Not quite.

❝ I completely understand the use of pseudo-sequences in this situation. But what about pseudo-periods? The EMA guidelines aren't too specific.

The EMA means the ‘Two‐at‐a‐Time Principle’ (see above) and not my recoding (which I abandoned a good while ago as well).
David Brown (MHRA, member the EMA’s Biostatistics Working Party) gave a clarification at the 3rd EGA Symposium on Bioequivalence (London, June 2010). The Q&A document states:

However, the treatment, groups, sequences and periods should have their original values maintained in the analysis, and not have the values modified. For example an observation made in period 3 should still be coded as period 3, not have the period changed to “2” because the results for that subject in one of the earlier periods has now be removed.

(my emphasis)

❝ On the one hand, if you wish to display your data with pseudo-sequences, you would want to use pseudo-periods too …

Nope. Relevant slides:

[image] Guideline
[image] Question
[image] Question
[image] Answer
[image] Answer

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,940 posts in 4,812 threads, 1,639 registered users;
47 visitors (0 registered, 47 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:38 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Those people who think they know everything
are a great annoyance to those of us who do.    Isaac Asimov

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5