inter- vs extra- [NCA / SHAM]

posted by Astea – Russia, 2019-02-11 20:46 (1872 d 05:34 ago) – Posting: # 19900
Views: 10,898

Dear Helmut!

Thanks a lot for the clarification! The more I get answers the more I have questions... Why do algorithms for inter- and extrapolation differ?

Let's say that the last point is NA. Then PHX will calculate it via estimated λz suspecting log elimination not depending from the actual AUC calculation method.

❝ Gotcha! By specifying the linear trapezoidal you tell PHX that you believe that the drug between time points is eliminated in zero (!) order

Then why does it use lambda and log elimination for unknown samples and local slope and linear elimination for known samples? What's wrong with calculation by λz for the both cases?

Of course I can try to think about it as a compromis (see this post), but then how to define my own rule to be sure that it is correct?

❝ Duno. I always describe exactly what I plan to do in the protocol.

That's a perfect position. But sometimes we have to work with what someone has planned before.

I was always wondering how far one can go in stating his favourite methods in SOPs and SAPs? Can I write that after the calculation a statistician should have a cup of tea? :-)

"Being in minority, even a minority of one, did not make you mad"

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
68 visitors (0 registered, 68 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:20 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5