ASS stabilization [Bioanalytics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-02-02 17:56 (1908 d 09:09 ago) – Posting: # 19848
Views: 1,904

Hi Norah,

❝ I'm preparing a BE protocol regarding, enteric delaying release aspirin […] Could you please tell me what are you recommendations to avoid the degradation of active ingredient in metabolite.

In my CRO we had two methods (anticoagulant K3EDTA or Li-heparin). Example for 10 mL vacutainers.
  1. Stabilizer H3PO4
    Prepare 5% orthophosporic acid (59 mL 85% o-H3PO4 p.a. diluted to 1000 mL).
    Caution: Even diluted phosphoric acid is strongly acidic; wear gloves and eye protection.
  2. Stabilizer potassium fluoride
    Prepare cold saturated KF solution (100 g KF p.a. in 100 ml water).
    Caution: KF is poisonous. Observe the usual rules.
Penetrate the stopper of 10 mL vacutainers (e.g., by a 200–500 µL HPLC syringe with a thin needle) and inject 100 µl of the respective stabilizer. Use these for all samples.

Handling & storage

Put blood samples immediately after draw in an ice-bath. Allow 10 minutes for equilibration and centrifuge at ~2000×g at +4 ℃ for 20 minutes.

1. Mix plasma with 5% H3PO4 1:1 (exactly!). Store at ≤20 ℃.
  2. Store at ≤70 ℃.
If you have no problems with sensitivity I would suggest #1. However, the final dilution step is labour-intensive. #2 gives a ~2times lower LOQ but the deep-freezer will suck up a lot of electricity…

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
120 visitors (1 registered, 119 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 04:05 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5