Power.TOST and "3x3" or other 'higher order' designs [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by d_labes  – Berlin, Germany, 2019-01-09 19:47 (1904 d 16:26 ago) – Posting: # 19763
Views: 3,478

Dear ElMaestro!

❝ Dear All,

❝ or perhaps mainly the powerTOST authors and maintainers :-D

❝ thanks a lot for power.TOST and related functions. They are great.

You are welcome. And welcome in approach to improve PowerTOST. With code, or with documentation. Also questions are helpful in that direction.

If your question(s) is/are targeted the maintainer, email him. I think he is kindly enough to answer :cool:.

❝ I have a question about e.g.

> power.TOST(CV=.3, theta0=.95, n=30, design="3x3")

[1] 0.6973262

❝ Is that the chance of showing BE for one of the comparisons, for two comparisons if we assume two are tests formulations and one if ref, or is it "all against all" which is also a common comparison?

Good question, next question.
AFAIK :-) it is the power of showing BE for one comparison (of two formulations whatever kind, Test or Reference) if the evaluation of the 90% CIs is done via an ANOVA with all date taken in consideration. Any multiplicity considerations are left out. That's because they depend on the combination of more than one test via and or or.

Hope this is enough explanation. If not, don't hesitate to torture me further :cool:.

PS: Since my wife is now also retired and at home, be patient. I have not so much spare time since before :-D.

Regards,

Detlew

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
90 visitors (0 registered, 90 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:13 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5