confint and adjust in R [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2019-01-07 23:22 (1906 d 15:49 ago) – Posting: # 19757
Views: 3,857

Dear d_labes,

adjust="eat.my.shorts" is outstanding because this "method" isn't implemented but transferred via "..." and thus doesn't underlay any error checks. To react on this undesirable feature the programmer decided to set adjust= in such cases to adjust="bonferroni". Reasonable. Or?

❝ This behavior is described in the man page of lsmeans/pairs or summary.emmGrid.

Thanks for the explanation; I had no idea R worked this way.
And you are exactly right the options are listed in the emmeans documentation (added value for me: it seems I must kiss the lsmeans package goodbye and install emmeans in stead).

Whether or not "eat.my.shorts" should result in "bonferroni" or the default "tukey" or something else is probably a matter of personal taste. I don't think I have a qualified opinion on that aspect and it is not a crucial matter at all for me and probably for anyone on the planet. :-D

I am just very delighted I got an answer to exactly the questions that baffled me. Thanks for the help.:-):-):ok::ok: Muchas gracias.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
85 visitors (0 registered, 85 guests [including 11 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:12 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5