Calculation of time above MIC [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2008-06-26 20:58 (5773 d 04:32 ago) – Posting: # 1975
Views: 32,939

Dear Aceto81!

❝ ...I'm struggling with the time above the MIC90 and %time above MIC90.

❝ Prats et al. came up with a time of 102.5 hours and 94.9% of total time in SS.

Looking at you data, this seems to be a reasonable value.

❝ I have no idea about how to find the 102.5 hours.

❝ I searched in the forum's archive, in the manual of WinNonLin, on the web, but couldn't find any references.

It's not implemented in WinNonlin; but I'm right now at a conference in London where one of the lecturers is Jason Chittenden of Pharsight - I will ask him.

I don't know any reference either - except one by Jerome Skelly of the FDA, maybe 20 years ago. Start searching with the term "occupany time" or just "occupancy".

❝ Maybe someone can give me some help?

❝ I'm routinely use R, but now I'm also using WinNonLin.

If the values fall below the MIC and come up again (like in your case) do a linear interpolation. An algorithm is like this:I would use rather R than WinNonlin for that purpose, although it shouldn't be that difficult to set it up too.

I just made a unchecked hotel-room quickshot in R; 116.5 hr >0.517 ug/ml within 0 - 124 hr?!!

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,652 registered users;
53 visitors (0 registered, 53 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 01:30 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5