Calculation of time above MIC [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2008-06-26 20:58 (5753 d 20:14 ago) – Posting: # 1975
Views: 32,731

Dear Aceto81!

❝ ...I'm struggling with the time above the MIC90 and %time above MIC90.

❝ Prats et al. came up with a time of 102.5 hours and 94.9% of total time in SS.

Looking at you data, this seems to be a reasonable value.

❝ I have no idea about how to find the 102.5 hours.

❝ I searched in the forum's archive, in the manual of WinNonLin, on the web, but couldn't find any references.

It's not implemented in WinNonlin; but I'm right now at a conference in London where one of the lecturers is Jason Chittenden of Pharsight - I will ask him.

I don't know any reference either - except one by Jerome Skelly of the FDA, maybe 20 years ago. Start searching with the term "occupany time" or just "occupancy".

❝ Maybe someone can give me some help?

❝ I'm routinely use R, but now I'm also using WinNonLin.

If the values fall below the MIC and come up again (like in your case) do a linear interpolation. An algorithm is like this:I would use rather R than WinNonlin for that purpose, although it shouldn't be that difficult to set it up too.

I just made a unchecked hotel-room quickshot in R; 116.5 hr >0.517 ug/ml within 0 - 124 hr?!!

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
87 visitors (0 registered, 87 guests [including 11 identified bots]).
Forum time: 16:12 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5