applying correction factor to unknown samples due to stabilization [Bioanalytics]

posted by Mithu – India, 2018-09-06 14:52 (2052 d 20:23 ago) – Posting: # 19248
Views: 1,819

❝ For example,

❝ - for study samples I added 100 uL of a buffer for every 1000 uL plasma collected before freezing.

❝ - for bulk spiked CC/QC after spiking to desire concentration, I also add 100 uL buffer for every 1000 uL bulk spiked plasma before freezing.

❝ -for analysis, I aliquot an equal volume of CC/QC and study samples for extraction. The stabilizer added should not change the true value. Am I right?

Actually i don't know. i have a method in which CC & QC's are prepared in acidified plasma, where in subject samples after the separation, stabilizer added to the samples. In that they have applied correction factor.

This is the point where actually i need to understand the correct practice.

❝ But adding the stabilizer directly to blood before plasma separation should be more complicated and I have never done it.

i agree for the direct collection of blood with stabilized solution would also a point for understanding of correct process.

I can only comment that, not applying correction factor to the CC & QC is because it is containing known amount whereas in unknown samples little dilution to the samples will not be considered as true value.

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,658 registered users;
117 visitors (0 registered, 117 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:16 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5