applying correction factor to unknown samples due to stabilization [Bioanalytics]

posted by Ladi – Thailand, 2018-09-06 13:53 (2052 d 12:19 ago) – Posting: # 19246
Views: 1,834

Hi Mithu,

❝ As per my understanding, whenever we add any stabilizer in study samples immediately after collection of blood samples or after getting plasma separated from the blood we add the stabilizer, we should apply correction factor to the obtain unknown concentrations.

Not sure if that is necessary if the ratio of plasma to stabilizer in CC/QC and study samples is kept the same.

For example,

- for study samples I added 100 uL of a buffer for every 1000 uL plasma collected before freezing.
- for bulk spiked CC/QC after spiking to desire concentration, I also add 100 uL buffer for every 1000 uL bulk spiked plasma before freezing.
-for analysis, I aliquot an equal volume of CC/QC and study samples for extraction. The stabilizer added should not change the true value. Am I right?

But adding the stabilizer directly to blood before plasma separation should be more complicated and I have never done it.

Regards,
Ladi

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,655 registered users;
85 visitors (0 registered, 85 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:13 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5