Blinding in Bioanalysis [Bioanalytics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2018-08-19 20:46 (2075 d 16:10 ago) – Posting: # 19174
Views: 3,520

Hi Obi,

❝ Please let me know where I'm missing it...cos I feel I'm missing something.

Those are very valid thoughts.
In BE the tradition is to have analysts blinded wrt treatment, so they know subject and period and time point but not randomisation and therefore they can't say if subject 3 in period 1 got treatment T or R. They will not be able to tell the T/R for any subject. And therefore they cannot easily manipulate it.

Blinding wrt time point would be interesting. It may be the solution to a non-existing problem, though? You mean they could use that info to create smooth profiles that more or less correspond to the expectation in terms of e.g. t half etc? I'd say that is theoretically correct, they could do that.

History has shown that if you really keep the randomisation code under lock and key then the chance to manipulate a trial is lower than if you don't. Conversely the PI in a BE trial needs not be blinded because she/he cannot easily manipulate the trial result. If the PI were scoring e.g. wound healing visually in a PD trial then she/he would often need to be blinded.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,655 registered users;
124 visitors (0 registered, 124 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:57 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5