BQL = 0: bad rule [Software]
❝ ❝ Bad practice to force BQLs after tmax to zero
❝ What about for sparse sampling methods?
Sparse sampling is another cup of tea. Sounds trivial but actually isn’t.
❝ If there are 3 samples/time point, wouldn't we want to use 3 values for the calculation of the mean concentration? In which case imputing BQL concentrations with a value of 0 or close to 0 would be more favorable than not including the value altogether?
- Phoenix/WinNonlin supports only the linear trapezoidal rule for spare sampling. Hence, anything is possible.
- Imputing 0 for post dose BQLs goes against the grain for me. Most commonly used is LLOQ/2. But why the heck divide by two? What I would do: Try to get an idea of the PK (well, difficult in the first TK-study of a drug). Perform simulations and based on the LLOQ & sampling schedule come up with a reasonable ratio.
- Try also the R-package
PK* which contains more methods for sparse sampling designs than PHX/WNL.
Both authors are members of the forum. I’ll notify them; maybe they can jump into the discussion.
❝ […] I'm interested in learning more about what I'm doing.
Basic research is what I’m doing
when I don’t know what I’m doing. Wernher von Braun
❝ Browsing these forums in my spare time really helps me see where others are in environment of the Ba/Be world :) Searching old topics have answered most of the questions I have had, which is super helpful.
Maybe you can convince your employer to browse the forum in your payed time…
- Jaki T, Wolfsegger MJ. Estimation of pharmacokinetic parameters with the R package PK. Pharm Stat. 2011;10(3):284–8. doi:10.1002/pst.449.
Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна!
The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
- WNL Calculation of partial areas > tlast with BQL= 0 rule Babe_Ruth 2018-07-13 21:36 [Software]
- WNL Calculation of partial areas > tlast with BQL= 0 rule ElMaestro 2018-07-13 22:25
- BQL = 0: bad rule Helmut 2018-07-13 23:28
- is zero positive? mittyri 2018-07-13 23:31