Validation of PhEq_bootstrap [Software]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2018-07-13 00:21 (2107 d 10:15 ago) – Posting: # 19040
Views: 14,239

Hi Hötzi,

❝ Bootstrapping converges to the true value with increasing repetitions. If you want to get reproducible results you have to use a workaround and go for 25,000+ bootstraps. Then the results are stable but you have to accept ~80MB result-files…

❝ Of course this is only valid for these data sets (12 units, 4 sampling time points). Good luck with more time points.

The magnitude of the variability of the estimate is dependent on the number of bootstraps and the within- and between-variability. This is just the nature of it.

What I don't quite get is how the need for 80 Mb files (files, really???) arises. For 25000 bootstraps you should only need to allocate e.g. 25000x a double datatype (8 bytes) for the storage of f2*, which isn't even a megabyte from the heap. But note I did not care to read any of the Pascal source code. However, speed or memory consumption is a mundane issue. If the calculation is proper then no need to whine at all.

When I do this in C, I allocate 8 Mbs from the heap, and it takes a blink of an eye or two with a million bootstraps and sorting, and no intermediary files anywhere, and it provides derivation of the bootstrap CI in various flavours: Raw, bias corrected, and bias corrected and accelerated.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,663 registered users;
91 visitors (0 registered, 91 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:37 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5