Pilot or pivotal ? [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Belgium?, 2018-06-27 14:48 (820 d 14:33 ago) – Posting: # 18979
Views: 8,204

Hi Ohlbe,

» Sure, when you only have one test formulation. But when you hesitate between two ? Would you directly go for a pivotal where both test formulations would be compared to the reference, and then file whichever one passes ?

This is purely hypothetical for me. As far as I recall, I have not ever faced such a situation where two test formulations targeting the same authority were heads-on compared in a pivotal trial. I have faced it numerous times in pilot trials, but here the choice of formulation rarely is based on the CI but just on the observed GMR.

If I were in a situation, hypothetically, where I had one pivotal trial with two passing T formulations against a single, and I only needed one approval, then I am not sure what I would base my choice on. It could be cost of goods, or a risk-based assessment of the manufacturing bottlenecks for the two T formulations. Not sure, I have a feeling this would not be science-driven but Guy-in-Armani-suit-driven.

I could be wrong, but...

Best regards,
ElMaestro

R's base package has 274 reserved words and operators, along with 1761 functions. I can use 18 of them (about 14 of them properly). I believe this makes me the Donald Trump of programming.

Complete thread:

Activity
 Admin contact
21,074 posts in 4,394 threads, 1,468 registered users;
online 4 (0 registered, 4 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: Friday 05:21 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

If you think it’s simple,
then you have misunderstood the problem.    Bjarne Stroustrup

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5