CFDA: Draft guidance? [RSABE / ABEL]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2018-06-12 16:54 (2116 d 18:11 ago) – Posting: # 18889
Views: 6,271

Hi libaiyi,

❝ CFDA has relased the draft guidance for HVBE, which follows FDA method (RSABE).

<nitpick>

There is nothing like “highly variable bioequivalence”. Either the drug itself is highly variable (if the clearance is HV already seen after an iv dose or after an oral solution the absorption is HV: HVD) or a drug product is HV: HVDP. Since it not always known whether the drug itself is HV, when talking about formulations people like me leave the question open and prefer the term HVD(P).
Example diclofenac: iv and a solution show pretty low CVs (<15%). Hence, it is not an HVD. Suspensions, IR, and rectal products are not HVDPs (CVs 20–25%). On the other hand, gastric resistant formulations are borderline HVDPs (CVs 30–40%). Topical products are definitely HVDPs (crazy CVs).

</nitpick>

I see. Is this link correct? Interesting the two attachments (#1, #2).
When it comes to replicate designs only the lousy partial replicate (TRR|RTR|RRT) and one full replicate (TRTR|RTRT) given in Tables 2&3. Never heard about the 3-period full replicate (TRT|RTR) and another 4-period full replicate (TTRR|RRTT)? Although not given in the tables, 4-sequence 4-period full replicates are also mentioned (TRTR|RTRT|TRRT|RTTR or TRRT|RTTR|TTRR|RRTT). Forget it; confounded effects.
From #2 it is clear that the FDA’s RSABE was 1:1 copied.

❝ I still have a question about EMA method. Do you mean if we follow EMA's guidance, the ABEL should be used rather than RSABE, …

Correct.

❝ … please give me more advise.

As I wrote previously, SAS-code is given in the EMA’s Q&A-document. The EMA prefers a fixed effects model (‘Method A’).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
109 visitors (0 registered, 109 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:06 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5