Huge gap in my understanding [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2018-03-04 10:03 (1329 d 18:06 ago) – Posting: # 18494
Views: 4,318

Hi all,

Here's where I am so far:
  1. When we deal with the standard BE model the LSMEan difference of T and R equals the treatment effect difference, regardless of contrast coding. We thus do not need to worry about LSMeans to construct the 90 or whatever % CI around the geo LSMean ratio. We just extract the treatment effect difference from the effect vectors (=the model coefficient).
  2. If we introduce a covariate, however, the LSMean difference may not be the same as the treatment effect difference. This implies that the LSMean difference is not necessrily the maximum likelihood difference. This to me is a big, big worry. I consider this a huge gap in my understanding. Why would that be so, and what would be factual advantage (whether practical or theoretical) about a CI built around something which is not the maximum likelihood treatment difference? I did not extensively play around with contrast coding. Yet.

Hilfe, what is going on here? I hope someone will explain and discuss and go a little beyond applying some contrasts.
Many thanks.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

Activity
 Admin contact
21,753 posts in 4,548 threads, 1,544 registered users;
online 7 (0 registered, 7 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: Sunday 05:10 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

They were “so intent of making everything numerical”
that they frequently missed seeing
what was there to be seen.    Barbara McClintock

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5