Deficiencies [Power / Sample Size]

posted by Relaxation  – Germany, 2018-02-02 20:41 (2267 d 06:00 ago) – Posting: # 18334
Views: 20,454

❝ ❝ But seriously, why should testing alternatives in one study require a punishment and testing in seperate studies not. Because I pay my fee in doubled overhead study costs? Or because I don't have to tell anybody of the "other study" during application :confused:?

❝ IMHO, you have to submit the study’s synopsis.

Hello Helmut.

That was what I thought myself (and would also argue in favour of by gut feeling). But at least in the EU I think we are asked to submit these for the pilot studies conducted with the formulation you apply for. As far as I remember, it is also asked for synopses from other studies during formulation development, but my guess would be that there might be a grey area in the discussion, whether a study conducted with Alternative 1 would be part of the development of Alternative 2.
I personally would argue in favour of "full disclosure", but I generally :blahblah: a lot anyway.

P.S.: I looked it up in the BE-GL: all relevant studies ... comparing the formulation applied for (i.e. same composition and manufacturing process) with a reference medicinal product marketed in the EU.
Would apply to the "tablet vs. reference and capsule vs. reference" example brough up earlier, wouldn't it? Two shots.

Best regards and a nice weekend to everybody,

Relaxation.

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,668 registered users;
77 visitors (0 registered, 77 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:42 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5