IRB reserves [Design Issues]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2018-01-16 23:16 (2379 d 16:43 ago) – Posting: # 18187
Views: 6,926

Hi Relaxation,

❝ As far as I know (better "remember", my training on the protocol template was admittedly not recent), there is only one relevant reason for drug screening: to have a test for subjects with an increased risk of non-compliance to study conditions. It's not fair to assume that all drug users are unreliable (and for me a little bit inadequate), but it is a point.

It goes beyond that.
WHO is defining substance abuse and alcoholism as disease in its own right. Many if not most countries assign a psychiatric diagnosis to people with substance abuse.
If you are positive for the drug screen/alcohol test you are potentially not healthy (as in a healthy adult volunteer, which coincidentially fits the description of the typical BE subject quite well). A regulator who hasn't slept well would also throw the term "vulnerable" at you - check the definition in ICH E6, along with the regard to "well-being".
Checking for these things really isn't something you do for the sake of the trial or for the sponsor or for the CRO's smooth operation - it is first and foremost something you do in the interest of the subject.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
23,118 posts in 4,859 threads, 1,647 registered users;
38 visitors (1 registered, 37 guests [including 11 identified bots]).
Forum time: 17:00 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t really say “similar” if it’s the same again you want.
“Similar” means something different.    Anthony Burgess

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5