Health Canada: Data format [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2018-01-15 17:53 (2264 d 20:31 ago) – Posting: # 18173
Views: 2,704

Hi Hötzi,

"because of reasons" :-D

You are of course right, but for purposes of importing such data it may be more convenient to rely on only cells with something that can be converted to doubles or a single category of "something else". I know this is not optimal, but there are such technical reasons and restraints.
As a relevant perspective, you try and write a function in R which reads a textfile, figures out numbers of columns and rows, imports the table and uploads every cell value in memory without using the usual read.table or read.csv etc functions. Of course you need at all times to be able to do numerical gymnastics like max(Sneaky.Table[,7], na.rm=T) etc. You'll get sick and tired within 2 minutes and you will be loving the for nice little simplifying rules about the nature of input. Now imagine doing the same in fortran or whatever where you have 1/1000 of the usual R functions. Big trouble...

Yes, life would be easier if the guy using the data you are submitting would be as IT-literate as you are. Well, life just isn't always optimal :-)

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
119 visitors (0 registered, 119 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:24 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5