PHX/WNL 8.0 vs. previous releases [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2017-10-29 01:20 (2361 d 06:12 ago) – Posting: # 17939
Views: 22,841

Hi Astea,

❝ Can anyone please suggest me an easy way of calculation T50% early and late, T75%, T90% and similar parameters via Phoenix?

Maybe later. ;-)

❝ By the way, in this old thread as well as in this it was written that Phoenix approximates the decreasing part with log-transformation independetly of the rule choosen for AUC.

Although not described in the User’s Guide, correct.

❝ Now it seemed to be changed, and the actual form of approximation depends on the rule for AUC, so it can be linear as well as log-linear.

Correct since the current release v8.0 (formulas (6) and (7) on p53 of the User’s Guide).

❝ But this is not true for partial area calculation: for example, AUC0-72 for subjects with missing t=72 value, Phoenix always do log interpolation even if we've choosen linear AUC calculation.

Like in previous versions (though I didn’t check it)-

❝ I am also puzzled why for the following dataset we get TimeLow=18 if Lower limit is choosen to be 3? Because if we substract 4 from all time points we'll get 16... (linear interpolation was selected)

t | C

---+---

4 | 6

6 | 4

8 | 3

10 | 2

12 | 0

24 | 0

Since your data set doesn’t contain a concentration at t=0, it is extrapolated (see the core output). The method depends on the Dose Options. For Extravascular we get C=0 and for IV Bolus C=13.5. Then I got these results for TimeLow in the releases of Phoenix/WinNonlin I have on my machine:

Dose Options  6.3  6.4  7.0  8.0
Extravascular  28   28   28   18
IV Bolus       31   31   31   16

I will explore it further…

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,650 registered users;
52 visitors (0 registered, 52 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 07:32 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5