T/R ratio for estimation of sample size in BE study of NTI drugs [Power / Sample Size]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2017-10-25 14:34 (2345 d 21:47 ago) – Posting: # 17920
Views: 7,098

Hi Hötzi,

❝ Both are fine. Note that the FDA requires tighter batch release spec’s for NTIDs. Hence, in function sampleN.NTIDFDA() of PowerTOST the default is 0.975 – contrary to the usual 0.95.

This strays away from the usually stringent scientific principles that this forum usually promotes, doesn't it?
We plug in the GMR that we think/predict/guess is a realistic and relevant indicator of relative product performance, possibly with a buffer to factor in worst cases. Habits, experience and gut feeling.
There is no divine aspect of NTID's, as far as I know, that makes them easier to copy than non-NTID's from a strict formulation perspective so I don't know if the default is much science based.
Although I am sure 0.975 is condoned by the guy in the Armani suit.:-D He would definitely also like it for non-NTID's.

Perhaps all this boils down to the use of anything "default" in a power calculation. It is extremely handy. And it is a bit dangerous. Perhaps the world would be a better place altogether if such functions did not assume defaults for CV and GMR and designs - this would force users to actually *** badum tssss *** think just a little bit about the values they plug in before deriving a power.

OK, rant over, I'll take my medicine now. Stage III syphilis...

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
64 visitors (0 registered, 64 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:22 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5