Follow-up: It gets worse! [Off Topic]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2017-04-18 12:01 (2536 d 13:20 ago) – Posting: # 17245
Views: 4,033

Hi all,

surely I am going to burn in hell for this but given how completely hopeless that invitation was I sent this response to the organisers:

Dear Ms. [name],

I would like to humbly thank you for your invitation to WGC-2017.

Would you be interested if I give a talk in Theme 801 with the title: "Genomics in the new millenium: The apparent inability of Sequential Bioequivalence Designs to address important contemporary DNA-related topics such as recombination rate in transposon-rich regions of Chromosome VI of the European honey bee (Apis mellifera)" ?

I look forward to receiving your response.

This morning their answer was in my inbox:

I appreciate your feedback and welcome you give an oral presentation in this conference. The organizing committee is very interested in your lecture title.

Secondly, at this moment, may I ask if you could give your lecture abstract along with biography to me? Please be sure that both of abstract & biography should be limited in One Page. (Follow the format I attached).Since these materials will be included in our meeting proceeding in the future, please be aware that total amount of the characters should not exceed 2500.
Since speech solts are limited, please register on http://www.bitcongress.com/wgc2017/OnlineRegistration.asp to confirm your participation firstly and send the abstract to me a little later.

This little story is in a sense a good image of the sad state of affairs science sometimes finds itself in. Money talks. Facts and reason don't.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
73 visitors (0 registered, 73 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 00:22 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5