Alternative CI for BE decision [Power / Sample Size]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2017-02-09 12:36 (2604 d 02:15 ago) – Posting: # 17042
Views: 24,787

Dear Detlefffffff,

I am with zizuo here.

❝ all you have written about CI(s) is more or less correct.

❝ But it's a misunderstanding.

No, it is an understanding, and it is a case of seeing things in another and very healthy perspective.:-)

❝ The basic test to use for the BE decision is TOST with alpha = 0.05 by convention. And this is operationally identical to the interval inclusion rule, conventionally using an ordinary 1-2*alpha CI.

You are right, the conclusion is the same, but that is about it. The rest is to me pure and simple garbage; don't get me wrong, I am not criticising you but rather the inventor of the idea. :-D

If someone reports a CI of 0.8456-1.0000 to me, then it might in actuality imply a 90% CI of 0.8456-0.98765 or whatever. Is that science? In a sense it makes no difference as the product is approved, but hey why bother at all then with this adjustment.

Why not just go all the way and adjust all CI's so that they span across 1.0 like...what was his name... some statistician twenty-thirty years ago.... his name was Lester Hamsterballs or something...?

Now if you will excuse me, I need to leave; I have to go to the supermarket now and buy a liter of milk. The ordinary price is 0.8 Euros but I only have half a Euro. So I think I will argue that the price needs to be adjusted to my buying power, or that my 0.5 Euro coin represents a value of 0.8. I am sure the "customer service relations manager", or whatevertheheck the guy behind the till is called, will agree. Why wouldn't he?!

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
79 visitors (0 registered, 79 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:51 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5