Impact of minimum stage 2 sample size on the TIE: example [Two-Stage / GS Designs]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2016-12-30 19:50 (2664 d 01:55 ago) – Posting: # 16915
Views: 5,673

Ah, got it, thanks Helmut,

❝ (...a bunch of blah blah blah...)

❝ That’s pure reasoning (wetware). :smoke:

I think you are saying that:That is correct. I don't think it is something I personally can deduce logically by looking at the algo or equations, but it is a correct statement, I believe, based on simulations.
It is tempting to say power increases with sample size, and since type I error is a kind of power, this is the logic behind the observation. I think the issue is somewhat more complex than just that. These two-stage thingies are funny objects that defy all kinds of logic.

Does it change anything though?? I mean you and I both argued in the past that universally functional alpha's do not exist, so whenever someone makes a smart/clever/sophisticated/dumb/intelligent/braindead amendment to Potvin B or C etc, then simulations should always be undertaken to make sure the type I error is not compromised.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,654 registered users;
50 visitors (0 registered, 50 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:45 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5