Holy War of type III [Two-Stage / GS Designs]

posted by d_labes  – Berlin, Germany, 2016-10-11 15:17 (2747 d 09:33 ago) – Posting: # 16722
Views: 34,829

Gentlemen (& Ladies),

❝ The ideal candidate for this drop1 extension would -purely hypothetically- be a statistical expert with mahatma status who has plenty spare time because he recently went into retirement. But of course, such people are hard to find.

❝ Hötzi, do you think any such person exists on the planet or is it just wishful thinking?!??

I think a person with such skills couldn't be found within the whole galaxy. May be far, far away in the outer space :-D.

If I would be such a person I nevertheless would by no means delve into the mud of Type I, II, III or even type IV tests in ANOVA :no:.
There is some sort of Holy War out there with regard to such tests when it comes to unbalanced designs. This war is raging especially between the R folks and SAS adepts, the latter claimed to have invented "Type III" as I was told. Therefore it has to be seen as evil and must be abandoned by the R hordes under the virtual leadership of Douglas Bates.

No person with a lucid mind or even with an expert or mahatma status would participate in such a hassle. Not for money (even much!) nor for good words. Especially if considering that these F-Tests and pvalue Kuddelmuddel are nothing good for within the context of BE, only being a description of nuisance terms in the ANOVA model.

Better drink a good beer or a good glas of vine :party: while contemplating about the meaning of life and that all.

Regards,

Detlew

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,654 registered users;
88 visitors (0 registered, 88 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 00:50 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5