Still SF [Two-Stage / GS Designs]

posted by VStus – Poland, 2016-10-06 23:08 (2757 d 01:01 ago) – Posting: # 16700
Views: 12,761

Hi Helmut,

❝ ❝ My question for today: is this still the case/state of science that you can not combine 2-stage and replicate designs?

❝ Yes.

Just predicting: recent update of Moore's law predicts doubling of computer's performance every 2.5 years, so, with current semiconductor technology we may expect that Helmut's new desktop bought in 2028 will be able to do the job within for less than a year (~16 years instead of initial estimate), or we need to create distributed computing technology to parallel calculations on decent number of devices... I've heard that CCTV cameras and home internet routers are running on Linux and almost always use default passwords, and we can use Android phones too ;)

But back to reality: isn't it more practical in case of HVD to perform pilot on development with let's say 50% power (wondering: replicated pilot to keep reasonable small population?), better understand in-vitro in-vivo relationship, optimize formulation and than run replicate scaled trial? In 2-stage we also need to wait for results from the 1st stage...

Regards, VStus

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,655 registered users;
86 visitors (0 registered, 86 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 00:09 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

So far as I can remember,
there is not one word in the Gospels
in praise of intelligence.    Bertrand Russell

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5