Using only one sequence [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by DavidManteigas – Portugal, 2016-08-01 13:17 (2818 d 00:43 ago) – Posting: # 16532
Views: 4,502

If the purpose of the study is to assess the bioequivalence between different dose formulations, wouldn't in that case a true cross-over design more appropriate instead of a single-sequence (not cross-over) design? I'm thinking of carry-over effects in this case. Imagine that one specific dose of the test formulation has pk properties you don't antecipate and all the subjects have pre-dose concentrations for the next dose. How would you handle that? Remove the entire cohort for that dose? :-D

I believe the ANOVA model with subject as random effect as you proposed is ok. For this kind of design, I'm used to linear mixed models (random intercept & slope models). Nevertheless, I'm not sure if this is adequate for a bioequivalence study since you don't pretend to study a trend but to test for equivalence in each "period" or "dose level". Since it is a dose escalation study maybe you should present alpha-adjusted CI for bioequivalence between doses.

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,664 registered users;
96 visitors (0 registered, 96 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:00 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5